Snoek tumble and cheat’s moskonfyt
Moskonfyt is traditionally made with grape pulp and juice that's just starting to turn into wine.
- 1 glug nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 PnP onion, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and finely diced
- 300 grams smoked snoek, flaked
- 2 PnP tomatoes, ripe, seeded and finely diced
- 80ml coriander or basil leaves, fresh
- 2 tbsp juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch PnP salt
- 1 loaf crusty bread, for serving
- 500 grams PnP seedless grapes
- 1 cup PnP sugar
- Simmer grapes and sugar over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil. Boil for about 25-30 minutes or until a small amount dropped onto a cold saucer sets and forms wrinkles when touched with your finger.
- Pour into a sterilised jar to cool.
- Heat oil in apan and fry onion and potato for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Toss through snoek, tomatoes, coriander and lemon juice. Season.
- Serve snoek tumble with bread and moskonfyt.