Butterflied lamb shoulder & lemon potato wedges
Ask your PnP butcher to debone and butterfly the lamb for you or visit www.pnp.co.za/freshliving for a step-by-step guide.
- 6 PnP garlic cloves
- 80 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 45 ml coriander seeds, toasted
- 60 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 PnP lemon peel, grated
- 1 lamb shoulder, butterflied
- 1 handful PnP flat-leaf parsley, for serving
- 10 medium PnP potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 1 head PnP garlic
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup PnP dry white wine
- 1 glug PnP olive oil
- 1 dash salt and milled pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Toss potatoes, garlic and lemon in a pan with wine andplenty of olive oil. Season.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and potatoes have softened and browned.
- Grind garlic, oreganum, coriander seeds, lemon juice and peel with a pestle and mortar and grind well.
- Open lamb out and rub meat all over with spice mixture.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Season meat and cook under a preheated grill, or over medium-hot coals for about 6-7 minutes a side or until well charred but still slightly pink in the middle. Allow to rest for 15 minutes covered in foil.
- Slice meat, scatter with parsley and serve with potato wedges.
Another good idea
- Slow roast lamb by adding 1 cup (250ml) beef stock and ½ bottle (375ml) white wine, cover with foil and roast at 160°C for 4 hours. Remove foil and brown at 180°C for 15 minutes before serving.